The Buck Dinner supports peace, justice and equality. The Buck Dinner Committee consists of Headhunters, who invite guests to sit at their table at the dinner and contribute as many bucks as they can. The amount of money available for grants each year depends on the amount generated at the dinner.
Several weeks after each year's dinner, the Headhunters gather to review grant applications and make decisions about that year's distribution of funds. The Buck Dinner Committee provides funding for some projects; others are funded by the Fund for Equal Justice, which provides grants eligible for its section 501(c)(3) funds.
- See Your Bucks at Work.
- Review a short summary of our history.
- Read a History of the Buck Dinner reprinted from our program for the 75th Annual Buck Dinner.
- Check out invitations from prior years (2013, 2011, 2010 and 2008. ) and what the FBI said about us in 1960.
Any organization wishing to apply for a grant must do so by using the 2014 Grant Application and Reporting Guidelines. Please submit all applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org, These must be received no later than March 16, 2014. All grant recipients are required to submit a report to email@example.com by January 31, 2014, as outlined in the above Reporting Guidelines. Filing this report is required for future grant consideration.
- "Grantees of 2012 Film Festival"
- "GENERATIONS" (7 min; history video shown at 2013 Buck Dinner)
- Buck Dinner History Video (27 min; shown at 2012 dinner)
Buck Dinner Headhunters (User name and Password Required)